It’s that time of the year. The holidays are an exciting and joyous time, but for many they can also be a source of stress. It is easy to get busy and forget to take the time to care for ourselves. When we are under stress, our immune systems are compromised, leaving us more susceptible to illness. If your immune system is operating at its peak, it will be better able to adapt to its environment and fight off illness. A healthy immune system means high resistance to disease and infection, better ability to deal with stress, and greater health and well-being. Try these tips to manage stress and enjoy this holiday season.
- Take time out for yourself every day.
- Get adequate amounts of high-quality sleep.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes, 3-4 times a week.
- Supplement with Vitamin D daily.
- Laughing reduces stress, elevates the mood, and improves cell structure.
- Practice deep breathing to reduce stress and clear your mind.
- Meditation improves immune function, reduces blood pressure, and enhances cognitive function.
- Take time for healthy eating. Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Avoid processed foods, sugar, and grains as they decrease your immune function.
- Regular chiropractic adjustments boost your immune system, increase flexibility, and create optimum nervous system function.